Thursday, September 16, 2010

Writer's block

The post line is a bit misleading. I am not a writer, but I am having trouble coming up with a statement describing where I am now with my work. It's for an small exhibition at the place I went to college.
Looking around at my small studio-which is really a converted bedroom in our apartment- might have depressed me a few years ago. However, the reality of what it is to produce art in a city- or an adjacent suburb now- looks exactly like what I have. I am making work and showing at least a few times a year and that makes me happy.
Well, do I go with what I have here or compose a jargon filled account? Why am I even asking this question? I hate that kind of pretentiousness.
This is one of those instances I'm glad nobody reads this thing.

1 comment:

My liver itches said...

I was reading. Maybe I am nobody.